Visit your local superhome and find out about greening your home
For Open House London this year, five Camden superhomes are welcoming visitors who want to find out how to make homes built 100 years or more ago meet twenty-first century energy efficiency standards. Most have superior insulation, many have alternative heating sources and some even produce their own energy.
Visits let you chat to the owners, so you can discover what worked for them and get feedback on anything that didn’t. If you’re interested in finding out more, why not book a visit?
Arrangements are different for each home, so please follow the links to find out more.
The Camden homes taking part in Open House London are:
- 8 Bertram Street, a Victorian terraced house with that used the WHISCERS method to fit internal wall insulation, on Saturday 19 September. Book a visit.
- 73 Chester Road, a late Victorian semi which has had its carbon footprint reduced by more than 80%, on Saturday 19 September. Book a visit.
- 8a Belsize Court Garages, a Victorian Mews House with solar panels on Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 September. Book a visit.
- 2a Belsize Gardens, a Victorian coach house with upside-down flat roof insulation on Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 September. Book a visit.
- 49 Queen Alexandra Mansions, a flat in an Edwardian block with a carbon saving of 64%, on Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 September. Book a visit.
Please note that opening times vary for each home so do book through the web pages above.