Top priorities for Council tenants and leaseholders
The results of our recent survey of tenants and leaseholders are now available. The survey was carried out in spring 2015, and received over 2000 responses.
What tenants told us:
- More than three-quarters (76%) are satisfied with our housing service.
- Satisfaction with how we deal with antisocial behaviour has shown a marked increase, from 33% last year to 54% this year.
- The top priority for tenants is repairs and maintenance – and 70% said that they are satisfied with our service in this area.
What leaseholders told us:
- 42% of leaseholders said they are satisfied with services, an increase of 7% over the last two years.
- Leaseholders’ satisfaction with our handling of antisocial behaviour was up from 34% last year to 40% this year.
Top five priorities:
These are tenants’ top priorities, according to the survey, and here’s what we’re currently doing about them:
- Repairs and maintenance
Our caretakers now have smartphones so they can report repairs, anti-social behaviour and other issues straight away, while they’re out on site. Tenants and leaseholders can also now report communal and other repairs online using the Camden Account.
- Quality of home
We’re continuing our work to improve Council homes across Camden through our Better Homes and Spring Clean estate improvement programmes.
- Value for money of rent and service charges
We’ve frozen service charges for two years running. We’re developing a new service charge guide in conjunction with our key leaseholder group.
- Being kept informed
We have improved information to support the most vulnerable in welfare benefit advice and support.
- Dealing with antisocial behaviour
We have improved the way we deal with noise complaints and we’re planning further improvements over the next year.
For more information, and to download the full survey results, go to camden.gov.uk/star.