The latest news and updates from the Chalcots Estate – w/c 16 October 2017
Residents have requested a regular newsletter about works and support available to Chalcots residents. We will be sending you this newsletter regularly, as well as letters detailing important information. Your safety is our top priority and we would like to thank you for your patience throughout the period of works.
Cladding removal and replacement
- Cladding replacement drop-in event, Tuesday 31 October, 10am to 8pm, Swiss Cottage Library.
We will be sending you an invitation shortly with further information about our cladding replacement drop in. The event will give you the opportunity to discuss the potential cladding replacement options and tell us what you think about them. The event will also including a range of family activities such as spooky Halloween facepainting and free swimming at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre. We look forward to seeing you there.
- The mast climbers used to take down the cladding are operational on Blashford and we are in the process of constructing them on Burnham and Bray. This week 57m cherry pickers will be arriving at Dorney to help us accelerate the cladding removal process, the cherry picker will be parked on the hard standing area on Tobin Close, 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- We would like to thank all residents who have had additional smoke alarms and heat sensors fitted in their homes. These wirelessly linked alarms come recommended by the London Fire Brigade and provide an extra level of protection for you and your neighbours. So far, we have fitted alarms in 342 flats and we continue to make more appointments every day. To make your appointment, please contact your Resident Liaison Officer on the number below:
Taplow and Bray – Hayley Townsend – 07702 970354
Burnham and Blashford – Angela Carr – 07590 170332
Dorney – Sue Speller – 07939 158509
- Some residents have asked if they can fit additional night latches to their new front doors. The doors are specially made and include specific frames, glazing, letter plates, locks and hinges. The doors have been tested as a unit to provide one-hour fire resistance. Any customisation to your new door compromises the unit’s integrity and its fire resistance. Therefore, in the interests of safety in your block, we cannot allow any alterations to your new front doors.
- We are committed, where possible, to seeking to address any issues related to the removal of the cladding or insulation including looking at a compensation scheme to ensure residents are not disadvantaged by any increase in their heating bills if the insulation removal results in direct heating loss from their flats.
- During the closure of the underground carparks, residents with motorbikes are advised to use the designated motorcycle parking bays in controlled parking zone CA-B. Motorbikes can be parked in these designated bays free of charge. If you have any further questions please call estate parking on 020 7974 8521.
- These regular newsletters, along with previous editions and other useful information, are also available online at camden.gov.uk/chalcotsestate