Camden Summer University is back
Camden Summer University, which offers young people fantastic free activities hosted by some of London’s biggest names, runs until the end of August - with places still available on many courses.
Where else can you study drama at RADA, drawing and portraiture at Central Saint Martins or have the films you make screened at the British Museum, all for free? What’s more, 70% of the courses are accredited, which means that as well as having a blast you’ll have something to put on your CV when applying for work or university.
Visit www.camden.gov.uk/summeruniversity now to find out which courses still have places and to book. There are more than 100 courses to choose from (subject to availability), including:
- film-making and animation
- photography and journalism
- singing, drama and music production
- street dance and contemporary dance
- boxing and women’s self-defence
- motorcycle mechanics and off-road riding.
“We have teamed up with some of the major names on our doorstep, such as RADA, the British Museum and Central Saint Martins, to give Camden young people a truly outstanding range of free activities.
Sadia Isdani, 16, who joined CSU last year as a volunteer peer motivator helping other young people make the most of the courses, said: “It was my first time but I will be joining in again this year and I would encourage others to do the same. You gain confidence and meet lots of other young people.”
“The courses are creative, challenging and inspiring and, as well as being fun, give young people the chance to learn new skills and develop talents which will serve them well for their future studies, training and work.”
Notes to editors:
- Visit camden.gov.uk/summeruniversity to view and book courses
- Call 020 7619 3903
- Twitter: follow @camdensummeruni or see updates #camdensummeruni
- See photos from Camden Summer University 2015 on Flickr
- Camden Summer University is run by Camden’s Integrated Youth Support Service with the support of a range of local partners.