- Argyle Primary 224th November 2021 Argyle Primary School Camden Council Photographer: Justin Thomas
- Brookfield Primary 11st December 2021 Brookfield Primary Camden Council Photographer: Justin Thomas
- Brookfield Primary 21st December 2021 Brookfield Primary Camden Council Photographer: Justin Thomas
- Argyle Primary 324th November 2021 Argyle Primary School Camden Council Photographer: Justin Thomas
- Gospel Oak Primary brass band19th November 2021 Brass at Gospel Oak Primary for Camden Council Photographer: Justin Thomas
Starting School in Camden 2023
Camden primary schools are all rated 'good' or 'outstanding' by Ofsted. Parents can apply for reception places until 15 January 2023.
The borough's provisional 2022 test results for 11-year-olds show that 71% of Camden pupils achieved expectations in the combined measure for reading, writing and maths - well above the national figure of 59% and the London average of 65%.
Education in Camden is dynamic, collaborative and creative – as well as diverse and inclusive - while the Council has continued to invest in improving school buildings and facilities.
Camden primary schools also offer a huge range of extracurricular activities - with access to world-class venues and institutions on their doorstep, ranging from the British Museum to the Francis Crick Institute. Music is important in Camden schools – and our primary schools will be among those taking part in the Camden Schools’ Music Festival at the Royal Albert Hall in April 2023.
We’re proud of the excellent and innovative teaching in our primary schools, which means that they perform consistently above the national average, but also the rich and creative curriculum, with music being a major feature of Camden’s educational offer, as well as access to some of the best museums, galleries, cultural and scientific institutions on our doorstep.
Inclusion and diversity are highly valued by Camden schools – and we strongly believe that an education system that is better for children from a wide range of backgrounds and abilities is better for all children. I urge parents to find out more about what Camden primary schools have to offer their children and apply before 15 January.