Shaping the future of Camden
Last year many of you took part in the draft Local Plan consultation, to have your say and influence the planning policies we use to decide the look and feel of the borough.
After considering your comments, we are consulting on the revised version of the Local Plan until 4 April 2016.
The Local Plan aims to ensure that growth in Camden delivers benefits to the borough and its communities. Based on feedback and updated evidence the plan seeks to:
- increase the supply of housing and genuinely affordable housing
- maximise the provision of jobs, training and apprenticeships
- secure premises for growth sectors and small businesses
- designate Kentish Town Regis Road as the location for employment-led mixed use development to deliver substantial new jobs and homes
- strengthen the Council’s approach to basement development to increase protection for neighbours
- provide strong protection for valued pubs
- control payday loans and betting shops
Find out more and get involved
To see the revised Local Plan and details of how comments have been taken into account please visit camden.gov.uk/localplan.
This will be the last opportunity to comment before the Plan is sent for public examination by a Planning Inspector. When finalised the Local Plan will be the basis for planning decisions in the borough.