Our ‘Big thank you’ for our apprentices
Camden’s apprenticeships team, apprentices and employers celebrated National Apprenticeships Week on Friday 18 March with the annual 'Big thank you' event.
The Big Thank You event was held at the Warner Brothers offices in Holborn to celebrate the success of apprentices who have been recruited by the Camden Apprenticeships service, which includes the King’s Cross Construction Skills Centre.
Apprenticeships provide an excellent way for businesses to tackle skills shortages, succeed and grow.
The winners were:
- Most improved apprentice: Elton Dsane (Apprentice Grower – InMidTown)
- Most reliable apprentice: Maisie Kerrigan (Nursery Assistant Apprentice – Swiss Cottage Nursery)
- Best team player: Sharmela Majumder (Customer Service Officer Apprentice – Camden Council)
- Best apprentice progression: Angel Pederson (Training Coordinator Apprentice – HGV Training)
- Supervisor of the year: Diane James-McFee from Camden Council, who manages Mohammed Yusuf Ali
- Apprentice of the year: Aaron Long (Horticultural Operative Apprentice – Willerby Landscapes)
Find out more about Camden apprenticeships and the opportunities available.