New homes and community facilities in Kilburn
An exciting programme of work to build 241 new homes, a community centre and health centre as well as shops, commercial facilities and improvements to open space has just begun in Kilburn.
Our contractor, DDS Demolition Services (DDS) are currently knocking down the Belsize Road car park, which will pave the way for the redevelopment of the Abbey Area. The work is expected to take four to five months with construction for the first phase of the project beginning in the summer.
There are three phases to the project, which will provide the following benefits:
• 241 new homes. (There will be 127 for private sale, 114 council homes, which will include 70 replacement and 44 new homes, of which 12 are shared ownership).
• New community and health facilities
• New shops and employment spaces
• Improved play spaces for children, improvements of open spaces and the public realm
• Improvements to the junction of Abbey and Belsize Roads including pedestrian crossings
The Abbey Area development is part of Camden’s Community Investment Programme (CIP), a 15 year plan to invest money in schools, homes and community facilities. We’re doing this by selling or redeveloping properties that are out of date, expensive to maintain, or underused and difficult to access.
To find out more on the Abbey Area regeneration project, visit camden.gov.uk/abbeyarea.