Keep cool while the heat’s on
Temperatures are likely to soar over the next couple of days, according to the Met Office. Camden residents are advised to keep cool – and seek shade during the middle part of the day.
The Met Office issued a heatwave warning for today, Wednesday and Thursday, with the heat in London approaching 30 degrees C.
Keep safe while it’s hot by:
- carrying a water bottle with you
- using a sunscreen with at least SPF 15 – reapply it regularly and don’t forget your ears, the back of your neck and any bald spots on your head
- sitting in the shade, especially between noon and 3pm
- wearing loose, light-coloured clothes, a hat and sunglasses
- drawing curtains or blinds and keeping windows facing the sun closed during the day
- opening windows at night to let in air.
Look out for young children or older or ill friends and neighbours. Make sure that they’re keeping cool and drinking plenty of fluids.
The NHS has more advice about keeping well in the heat.