HS2: Come to Camden's Select Committee workshops
We are holding two workshops to assist Camden petitioners in preparing for their Select Committee appearance.
These will be held on:
- Tuesday, 3 November 2015, 5.30pm-8.30pm, Events Room, Swiss Cottage Library, 88 Avenue Road, London NW3 3HA
- Wednesday, 11 November, 5.30-8.30pm, Surma Centre 1 Robert St, London NW1 3JU
These workshops will be a mix of informal information gathering and some formal presentations. The evenings will be structured as follows:
5.30pm–6.45pm: A chance for you to speak with council officers about the process and pick up useful information.
6.45pm-7.30pm: A series of talks about preparing for Select Committee. These will include:
- Update from Camden Council: Our approach to Select Committee.
- Parliamentary Agent Sharpe Pritchard: How to make a good impression on Select Committee.
- Hillingdon resident Charlotte Jones: My experience of speaking before Select Committee.
7.30pm-8pm: A chance for you to put your questions to the speakers.
8pm-8.30pm: A chance for you to speak with other petitioners and to get into groups ahead of Select Committee, if you wish.
We’re expecting Camden’s petitioners to be called to speak between December 2015 and January 2016. The order in which petitioners will speak will appear on the Select Committee website.
For more information on petitioning or Select Committee preparations visit our HS2 pages. You can also read our tops tips to help you prepare for Select Committee.
Camden Council opposes plans for HS2 as currently proposed. If the government does go ahead with the scheme, Camden is committed to securing the best deal for our communities. Find out more here.