HS2 Camden Fund
The HS2 Camden Fund is now open for applications from community groups, organisations, businesses and education institutions. The £3.5 million fund was secured by the Council during the Parliamentary stage of the HS2 Act and is intended to bring forward additional measures which would mitigate the general long term impacts of HS2 construction on the local community and might also contribute to the strengthening of a sense of place and cohesion. The fund is available over two years and is being delivered by Camden Giving.
The Camden Fund has the following aims:
1. A happier healthier Camden – improving the health, well-being and quality of life for residents and communities
2. A better connected Camden – building new relationships and connections, improving social cohesion and reducing isolation
3. A stronger voluntary and community sector – improving the resilience and capacity or developing innovation within voluntary and community sector to support a healthier and better connected Camden
The fund is being administered through Camden Giving and grants are available in two amounts:
• Small grants - £1,000 - £10,000
• Large grants - £10,001 - £100,000
The fund will remain open over two years with decisions made four times a year by the Camden Fund Panel. The final date for applications is 14 May 2020.
The panel includes representatives from the community, the Council, HS2 Ltd and Department for Transport. The Independent Chair is also a member of the community.
For more details and information on how community groups can apply please visit the Camden Giving website.https://www.camdengiving.org.uk/thecamdenfund/