Get involved in Great Mental Health Day 2023
On Friday 27 January, London is marking the second annual Great Mental Health Day.
The campaign, run by ThriveLDN, aims to get people talking about mental health, to help remove the stigma around asking for help and to raise awareness of the range of mental health support services available across the capital.
This year’s theme is 'celebrating the power of community kindness,' recognising the important role that our communities, friends and family play in supporting our mental health and wellbeing.
Many people can feel stressed and lonely this time of year and in Camden we know things work best when we come together to support and help each other. Whatever you’re going through, connecting with others, whether that’s in person, in an online group or over the phone, can help you to feel less alone.
To get involved in Great Mental Health Day check out this interactive map to find out what’s happening near you or use the hashtag #GreatMentalHealth to share your own stories, experiences and events across social media.
A range of free events and activities for all ages and abilities are happening across Camden.
Activities in Camden parks
- Wild about Hampstead Heath Big Birdwatch Saturday 28 January 2023, 1pm-3pm. Join wildlife interpreters by Hampstead Heath’s bird feeders for a bird identification session.
- Health Walk Monday 30 January 9.50am-11.30am. Join our volunteer walk leaders for a FREE wellbeing walk on Hampstead Heath starting from the entrance to the Heath opposite Hampstead Heath Overground Station.
- Leisurely Health Walk Monday 30 January 2023; 9:50am-10:50am Join volunteer walk leaders for a FREE gentle wellbeing walk on Hampstead Heath, starting from the Parliament Hill Café.
Other events and activities
- Mental Health in London webinar Friday 27 January, 11am-11.45am. Join this free webinar to share and celebrate the ways we can look after our mental health and wellbeing.
- Free Mental Health Awareness and Mental Health First Aid training available to anyone who lives, works, studies or volunteers in Camden. Courses in February and March are available to book online.
- Cruse Loss and Bereavement Webinar Friday 27 January 2pm-3:15pm. This webinar aims to give you the confidence to talk to people who are bereaved in a simple, empathic way, to help you find the right words, and to provide simple signposting where needed. Content will be particularly relevant for frontline workers who live, work or volunteer in Camden and who meet with bereaved individuals. Registration is required.
- Online Meditation Group January 30 7.30pm-8.30pm Suitable for everyone, whether it’s your first-time meditating, or you have been practicing for many years.
- Masterclass: Youth at the Heart from the Start Thursday 2 February 2023; 10am-12:30pm Fitzrovia Youth in Action is offering a series of Masterclasses to individuals and organisations who work with young people based on our youth social action experience delivering peer-led programmes.
- Mind and Body Morning Wake Up Tuesdays 9am An online class to wake up your body and mind for the day with a short meditation, some gentle stretching and movement.
- Farsi and Dari Coffee and Chat Group Wednesdays 5pm-6pm A space for Farsi and Dari speaking service users and volunteers to come together and connect with others in their language.
- Gentle Circuit Workout Wednesdays 5:30pm A 30-minute online circuit workout class that includes variety of standing and floor-based exercises.
- Tai Chi Online Wednesdays 7.30pm An online class accessible to everybody, whether you’re new to tai chi or been practicing for years.
- Wind Down Yoga Online Thursdays 7.30pm Offering a variety of standing and seated positions in whatever floor space is available to you Listen to your body and develop greater body awareness, helping you to move well and feel good.
- Zumba Online Fridays 6.30pm An online dance fitness that incorporates a variety of Latin-inspired dance moves and music. Get your body moving, help improve your heart health, flexibility and decrease stress.
- Laughter Yoga Fridays at 6pm Offering a combination of deep breathing exercises from yoga and playful laughter exercises, this class is for everybody looking for a fun way to keep fit and healthy.
- Reading Well offers a list of books and reading materials to help manage your mental health and wellbeing. Join Camden libraries to get involved.
If you’re struggling with your mental health, feeling lonely, anxious or down, you’re not alone. Visit our website to find a range of free mental health support services camden.gov.uk/mental-health.