Friday 8 March 2019 – The latest news and updates from the Chalcots Estate
An update on our repairs service
- Last week the Chalcots Works Group met with the Camden repairs team to follow up on ongoing repairs issues and discuss the Chalcots day-to-day repairs offer.
- The repairs team is working on a summary of the repairs carried out by the council as part of its service, taking into account any particular requirements at the Chalcots. This will be presented to the Chalcots Works Group before we communicate it to residents in the coming weeks.
- It was also raised in the Chalcots Works Group meeting that there have been a number of issues with some lights not working on the estate. A number of these lights have been fixed and there will be a joint walkabout of the estate with the caretaking team and the electrical team manager to identify the remaining issues and work on a plan to resolve them.
Abseilers at the blocks
- This week, abseilers will be carrying out final external checks on each block and will also start work to install pigeon spikes to the top of the walls on ground and first levels to prevent pigeons from making nests.
- Depending on the weather, this work should be completed in the next two weeks and will take place during working hours (9am to 5pm).
Expanding the technical expertise on site
- As we approach the works to replace the cladding, curtain walls and windows, we want to ensure we have a strong team working on the ground to deliver the best results for residents. This will include bringing in additional building control officers and a dedicated quality inspector for each block to support the work being carried out on site.
- In total there will be 11 staff dedicated to the delivery of the Chalcots works project. We will start recruitment over March and April, and will keep you updated as the team takes shape.
An update to the current RLO team
- We would like to welcome Chloe Bennington to the Chalcots Estate RLO team as support for Taplow. Chloe can be contacted on 07752 065 301 or [email protected]
- We have also updated her details on new important contact posters that have been put up in the Taplow block.
Identifying staff on site
- It was raised in the Chalcots Works Group that there have been a number of instances of people on site not wearing ID badges.
- We have flagged this with our contractors to ensure that staff are wearing ID at all times.
- Please do not allow anyone access to your flat without the relevant ID. To confirm the identity of contractors, contact your RLO or if you have any other concerns please contact Mike Bennett on 020 7974 1948 or [email protected] or Donna Peters on 020 7974 3889 or [email protected]
The Chalcots Works Group is held at the estate with TRA reps, councillors and council officers in attendance and is chaired by a TRA rep. They meet regularly to discuss works matters on the estate. This newsletter includes feedback from the Chalcots Works Group on Wednesday 27 February. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 13 March.
You can request a copy of this newsletter in large print, audio format or in another language by calling 020 7974 5717.
If you have questions about this newsletter please contact [email protected]