Friday 5 April 2019 - The latest news and updates from the Chalcots Estate
An update on the programme of works
- Last week we wrote to you to with an update on the programme of works since we awarded Wates the contract to replace the cladding, curtain walls and windows.
- In the Chalcots Works Group meeting on 27 March, we discussed the design of the windows ahead of the decision being made on the replacement window type. Your TRA representatives and councillors were unhappy with some aspects of what was being proposed and wanted more detail on the design for a decision to be made.
- The decision on the window type has been postponed and we will be sharing more detailed proposals with the Chalcots Works Group in our meeting next week. We will update all residents as soon as we know more.
Asbestos and fire stopping
- We would like to remind residents that the fire stopping work will be coordinated from our Jamestown Road office from next Monday 8 April. This is to make room at the Chalcots for the new Wates team who will be delivering the re-cladding project.
- If you have outstanding asbestos or fire stopping works you can still contact your RLO to complete the work in your flat. If you haven’t had an asbestos appointment or received your API (asbestos report) please contact your RLO to book an appointment – check the poster in your block for contact details.
- If there are any outstanding works in your flat please contact Donna Peters at email@example.com or on 020 7974 3889.
Get a qualification in construction
- Wates are offering Chalcots residents an opportunity to gain a BTEC Level 1 certificate in construction through their Building Futures apprenticeship programme.
- On the course you will learn carpentry skills, visit live construction sites and try out multi-trade taster sessions.
- If you are 19 years old or over, looking for a career in construction or to gain a qualification, you can apply to take part in the two-week Building Futures programme due to start on Monday 13 May.
- To apply and for more information please contact Darren Bradwell on 07773 585 571 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 6 May.
An update on abseilers at the blocks
- In March we told you that abseilers will be carrying out final external checks on each block and would also start work to install pigeon spikes to the top of walls on ground and first levels.
- Due to bad weather, works have been delayed and are only complete at Taplow. Works to the remaining blocks will continue into April.
- Contractors have been asked to put up daily notices to notify you when the abseilers will be on the block so please continue to check your display boards.
Blashford lift works on Tuesday
This Tuesday (9 March) one lift at Blashford will be out of use for a number of hours after 9am while maintenance work is carried out. Only one lift needs these works and you will be able to use the other lift as normal.
Swim for free
Don’t forget – all Chalcots residents can still swim for free (all year round) at the Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre on Saturdays between 10am and 5pm, and Sundays between 10am and 3pm. Please bring a proof of address.
The Chalcots Works Group is held at the estate with TRA reps, councillors and council officers in attendance and is chaired by a TRA rep. They meet regularly to discuss works matters on the estate. This newsletter includes feedback from the Chalcots Works Group on Wednesday 27 March. The next meeting is scheduled to be held on Wednesday 10 April.
You can request a copy of this newsletter in large print, audio format or in another language by calling 020 7974 5717.
If you have questions about this newsletter please contact email@example.com