Friday 31 May 2019 – The latest news and updates from the Chalcots Estate
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for coming to the drop-in event to talk about your windowsills and radiators. It was great to talk to so many of you and we received a lot of helpful feedback. We will update you on the next steps in the next newsletter.
Have you booked your ‘Getting to know you and your home’ appointment?
- Thank you to residents who have booked your ‘getting to know you and your home’ appointments so far.
- If you haven’t done so already, you will need to book an appointment with Wates so that your RLO can come to your flat and talk to you about the layout of your home and your personal needs during works on site.
- To book, please call Wates on 0800 389 2837.
- For more information, please feel free to contact Donna Peters on 020 7974 3889 or [email protected]
An update on redecoration after fire stopping works
- A small number of you have told us that you still have outstanding redecoration work after fire stopping works in your home.
- If your home is one of the affected flats, you will need to contact Donna Peters on 020 7974 3889 or [email protected] by Friday 14 June to book your appointment for redecoration.
- This service will no longer be available if you do not contact us before this date.
Congratulations to Building Futures participants
- Congratulations to all of the residents who completed their BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Construction through the Building Futures programme.
- There will be more opportunities for Chalcots Estate residents to gain qualifications in construction over the next few months and we will keep you updated as these opportunities become available.
Fun, local events for Chalcots residents
There are lots of free events coming up in June for Chalcots residents to meet and get to know your neighbours:
Tea, cake and chat
- An event for all residents to get to know your neighbours better. No need to sign up or book in advance, just drop in on the day. For more information or any questions please email [email protected] or call 020 7586 8731.
- Wednesday 5 June, 9.30am to 11.30am, Bray TRA room.
- Wednesday 12 June, 9.30am to 11.30am, Dorney TRA room.
- Wednesday 19 June, 9.30am to 11.30am, Taplow TRA room.
Paint and chat
- A fun, creative night of painting for young women aged 16 to 20. No need to sign up or book in advance, just drop in on the day.
- Wednesday 5 June, 7pm to 8.30pm, The Winch, Old Winchester Arms, 21 Winchester Road, NW3 3NR. For questions or information, please email [email protected] or call 020 7586 8731.
The Chalcots football five-a-side tournament is back
- North Camden Zone and community organisers, who are also Chalcots residents, are holding a free five-a-side football tournament at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre (outdoor football pitch) on Sunday 23 June from 12pm to 5pm.
- Two teams per block can take part – one for 11 to 15 year olds and one for adults over 16. Male, female and mixed teams can apply.
- Book your place by calling 020 7586 8731, email Abel at [email protected] or complete the online form at northcamdenzone.org
Free swim sessions at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre
All Chalcots residents can still swim for free (all year round) at the Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre on Saturdays between 10am and 5pm, and Sundays between 10am and 3pm. Please bring a proof of address.
Upcoming works on your blocks
- As part of the preparation works on site, Wates will need to look at the roofs of some of the blocks.
- They will be carrying out exploratory roof works to Bray and Blashford on Tuesday 4 June and the impact on residents will be minimal. The work is expected to finish the same day.
Burnham TRA room surveying works
- Wates will be removing a part of the wall below the smaller window in the main Burnham TRA hall as part of the current surveying work being undertaken across the blocks.
- On Tuesday 4 June to Thursday 6 June between 9am and 5pm, contractors will put up a small scaffolding tower and carry out the work that will involve drilling for short periods of time.
- Wates will write to affected residents. For more information please contact Donna Peters on 020 7974 3889 or [email protected]
Dorney roof works to telecoms equipment
- Dorney residents will be aware that there has been some work on the roof to upgrade the existing telecommunications equipment. ARCC, the communications company, will finish the work tomorrow, Saturday 1 June.
- If you have any questions about the work you can contact Robert Waterhouse from the ARCC Access team on 0121 222 5007.
You can request a copy of this newsletter in large print, audio format or in another language by calling 020 7974 5717.
If you have questions about this newsletter please contact [email protected]