Friday 28 June 2019 – The latest news and updates from the Chalcots Estate
Thank you for your feedback – survey still open
- Thank you to all residents who shared your feedback about the window panel and radiator options. We have had a good response but to make sure that as many people as possible are able to feed back their views we are keeping the survey open until this Sunday 30 June at midnight.
- Visit camden.gov.uk/chalcotswindows to tell us if you would rather have a glazed or solid panel above your windows, which radiator you prefer and anything else you’d like to tell us about the windows. You can also return hard copies to 85 Burnham or in the freepost envelope we sent you last week.
- Your views on the panel above the window will feed into the planning process for the final design of your windows. We will need to submit a planning application and if approved, the same kind of panel (whether solid or glazed) will be applied to every block.
- Every household is able to choose which radiator option they would like of the ones we have presented.
- We will hold another event in the summer where you can see the final window design and find out more about the works.
Thank you Mike Bennett
- Thank you to Mike Bennett who is leaving his role at the Chalcots. Mike has played an important role over the last 18 months as contract manager thanks to his in-depth knowledge of the estate. Mike has built close relationships with residents and will be greatly missed and hard to replace. We wish him all of the best for the future.
Project director appointed
- We are happy to tell you that we have a project director in place for the replacement of the cladding, windows and curtain wall at the Chalcots. Astrid Kjellberg-Obst has been appointed as the Chalcots project director on an interim basis to progress the works over the summer. Her role is to bring together all of the council and contractor teams on this technical and complex project, and to ensure that what is important to you is reflected in the way we do things.
- In readiness for the new phase in the works, Astrid is putting together a team and we will update you about the other members of the team in coming newsletters.
- The design team is working to finalise the window design for Blashford and we will be holding an event so that you can find out more about the specific design for this block.
- Many of the key design features are likely to be similar to the other blocks, including windows that open wider to provide better ventilation and a lower windowsill to improve safety.
- As soon as we have finalised the proposals for Blashford we will arrange a date with the TRA for a consultation event.
Getting to know you and your home appointment
- Thank you to all residents who have contacted Wates to register for your ‘getting to know you and your home’ appointment. This is a meeting for your RLO to come to your flat to talk to you about the layout of your home and your personal needs during the works.
- We know that people who have registered for appointments are still waiting for confirmation of booking times. Keeping your information safe is very important to us so we are working with Wates to get this right. We will let you know when Wates begin to book in appointments, so please continue to call to register for yours.
- At the works meeting your TRA reps informed us that some residents have had difficulties contacting Wates – to register for your appointment please call Wates on 0800 389 2837 but if you have any problems getting through please contact your RLO.
Car parks and playgrounds
- Wates spoke to you at their recent events about the impact of the works on shared areas in and around the blocks. As Wates told you at the events, we are still looking at exactly what this means but we know that some carparks and playgrounds will need to be closed.
- We will be having block by block events to talk to you more about any possible closures and what we can do to keep disruption for residents to a minimum. We will let you know more about these events closer to the time. Please come along and talk to us about how we can reduce the impact of closures for your block.
Abseilers at Dorney
Abseilers have been working at Dorney this week carrying out external surveys to the block, which will be completed next Wednesday, 3 July. As well as external checks on the building they are installing pigeon spikes to the top of walls on the ground and first levels to stop pigeons from making nests. Work will take place during working hours (9am to 5pm).
The Chalcots Works Group is held at the estate with TRA reps, councillors and council officers in attendance and is chaired by a TRA rep. They meet regularly to discuss works matters on the estate. This newsletter includes feedback from the Chalcots Works Group on Wednesday 26 June. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 10 July.
You can request a copy of this newsletter in large print, audio format or in another language by calling 020 7974 5717. If you have questions about this newsletter please contact email@example.com