Friday 26 October 2018 - The latest news and updates from the Chalcots Estate
Clarification on work to your current windows
- In recent newsletters, we told you about the safety mechanisms we will be fitting to the outside of all windows on the Chalcots to protect the hinges and act as a safety restraint in high winds.
- Following successful testing, we have now started to install the safety mechanisms at Dorney and Burnham. Bray and Taplow works will start on Monday 29 October and Blashford will start on Monday 5 November. We expect the works to finish in December dependent on weather.
- If you need further clarification or have any other questions please contact your RLO or Donna Peters on 020 7974 3889 or email@example.com
Replacement windows update
- At the last Chalcots Works Group meeting, officers discussed the risk assessment process for the replacement window options.
- The TRA reps and local councillors asked for more information and clarity on some points which the council presented at this week’s meeting.
- We will update residents as soon as a decision has been made on the window option.
Assessing the scaffolding on your block
- In the last newsletter, we told you that we would be investigating the possibility of removing the scaffolding on a block-by-block basis.
- This week, Camden officers met with local councillors and TRA reps from Dorney, Bray, Taplow and Blashford to assess the scaffolding on your blocks. The assessment for Burnham is due to start next week.
- The assessments outline the proposals to remove the current scaffolding platform around the blocks and replace it with smaller scaffolding platforms to protect the main entrances and exits. It will also look at fencing around the ground floor to keep residents safe.
- Once the proposals that were discussed are agreed by our safety officers, we will update you to confirm the final approach. Each block is different and the proposals may vary depending on the need of each block.
- Any changes to the scaffolding will start once the safety works to your current windows are complete (as mentioned above).
Cladding engagement event
- In a recent newsletter we told you that we will be replacing your cladding with an A1 rated cladding system, including an A1 anodised solid aluminium panel in a similar colour to your original cladding.
- We will be holding a local engagement event in early December to tell you about the cladding and show you samples of the materials we are proposing for your estate. More details of the event will be shared over the coming weeks.
- As the proposed cladding will have a slightly different look to your previous cladding we will need to submit a statutory planning amendment. This will include a 21 day consultation in early 2019 before the amendment is submitted to Camden’s Planning Committee for approval. We will share more information about how you will be able to feed back into the consultation nearer the time.
Resident liaison officers
- There was an update to RLOs for several blocks in a recent newsletter. Last week, Wates sent a letter to Burnham and Blashford residents to explain that since your new RLOs have been onsite, works have been brought up to speed sooner than expected.
- This means that Tina Connolly has now returned to complete the programme at Blashford and Burnham blocks. Residents in these blocks should contact Tina on 07715 617 337 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the works on your block.
- We acknowledge that this may cause confusion for some residents so if you have questions about this recent update, please contact Donna Peters on 020 7974 3889 or email@example.com
- The RLOs for Dorney, Bray and Taplow remain the same.
- Bray residents can contact Spinder Baines from Kier on 07850 956 657 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dorney residents can contact Sue Speller on 07939 158 509 or email email@example.com
- Taplow residents can contact Nadeem Ahmed from Kier on 07927 005 175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chalcots Works Group is held at the estate with TRA reps, councillors and council officers in attendance and is chaired by a TRA rep. They meet regularly to discuss works matters on the estate. This newsletter includes feedback from the Chalcots Works Group on Thursday 11 October. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 31 October.
If you have questions about this newsletter please contact email@example.com