Friday 25 May 2018 - The latest news and updates from the Chalcots Estate
The Chalcots Work Group is held at the estate and chaired by the TRA reps with councillors and council officers in attendance. They meet regularly to discuss works matters on the estate. This newsletter includes feedback from the Chalcots Work Group Meeting, Wednesday 16 May 2018, present at the meeting were representatives from Blashford, Taplow, Burnham, Bray and Dorney.
Changes to maintenance on the estate
- We remind residents that if you need a repair to the inside of your flat or communal areas in your block such as lighting or electrical repairs, Rydon are still your first point of contact so you will need to call them as normal on 020 7288 8322. If Rydon are unable to help you with your repair, please call Contact Camden on the number below and we will support you.
- To report heating, hot water or boiler repairs, call Contact Camden on 020 7974 4444 (option 3, followed by option 1 and select ‘Hampstead’).
- If you are a leaseholder you continue to be responsible for your own internal repairs. Where you use maintenance services provided by Rydon you will need to follow the advice above.
Vandalism and security
- Following conversations at the Chalcots Work Group last week about a recent increase in vandalism, we will be reviewing the security presence on the estate. Additional security measures are being considered such as incorporating more body cameras and partnering with wider community safety programmes. We will continue to discuss our proposals with the work group for feedback and keep you updated on progress via the newsletters.
- If you see an incident of antisocial behaviour, windows being left open beyond their restrictors or other security issues that concern you, we remind you to please call the onsite security team on 07903 232 592. This line is monitored 24 hours a day but if the phone is engaged leave a message and we will call you back. You can also speak to your housing officer or any member of council staff.
- Recently we have received several reports of children seen on scaffolding. Please continue to report anything similar to the onsite security team on the phone number above and parents and carers please remind children of the dangers of climbing on scaffolding.
Window and curtain wall engagement events
- Today you will receive your invitation to our upcoming engagement events. In the week beginning 4 June we are hosting three events for you to learn more about the curtain wall and window replacement, with information on what a curtain wall is and why it is being replaced. We will present the four main window design options with samples and technical experts will be available to answer your questions.
- We have chosen the session times to make sure as many residents as possible can come to the events. If you can't attend the events but would like to feed back to us about the curtain wall and windows you can fill out a paper form or digital survey which we will be sharing next week. If you have any questions speak to a member of council staff.
- Due to the structure of the Blashford building an additional change is required to one of the windows. As such one of the events will be Blashford focused to discuss this further with residents.
- At last week’s Chalcots Work Group photos of the gas risers were shared that have been causing concern amongst residents, as the photos depict a gap around the gas pipes where they pass through the floor slab. This gap is meant to be there as it allows ventilation and serves as a safety measure in case of a leak.
- The gas risers are considered a restricted area and entering or opening the gas riser shaft without permission can endanger you and your neighbours. You must not access the gas riser shaft or any other locked areas of Camden property without supervision.