Friday 21 December 2018 – The latest news and updates from the Chalcots Estate
The number for repairs has changed
The number for reporting repairs on the Chalcots has changed. For heating, hot water or boiler repairs and all other repairs to flats and communal areas, please call the repairs team on 020 7974 4444 option 7, then option 1. This Chalcots specific line is open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Our emergency call out service is available 24 hours a day on the same number. Please ensure that you note down your reference number for your repair.
Contractor to be announced in January
- In the last newsletter, we told you that we would be writing to you in January to let you know who the contractor will be.
- The resident presentation for the works happened last week and we are now progressing further to appoint the contractor.
- A report will be presented to Georgia Gould, Leader of the Council, at 6pm on Tuesday 8 January 2019 at a public meeting to approve the decision to appoint a contractor. Residents can attend the meeting which will be at the Crowndale Centre and apply to speak at the meeting via our deputation process.
- The decision report will published online on Friday 28 December 2018 at camden.gov.uk/leadermeetings
- If you would like to request to speak at the public meeting about the decision report, please email Vicky Wemyss-Cooke at email@example.com setting out a summary of what you want to say no later than 5pm, Friday 4 January. If the Leader of the Council agrees that you can speak, you will have three minutes at the meeting to address the Leader. After this, other attendees at the meeting including councillors might have questions for you.
Replacement cladding planning amendment event
- Thank you to everyone who attended our cladding engagement event earlier this month. You will be able to formally submit your feedback about the proposal during the consultation period early next year, before the amendment is submitted to Camden’s planning committee for approval. We will let you know when it is time for you to give your feedback in the consultation and how to do it.
- If you missed the event you can read more about the planning amendment online at camden.gov.uk/chalcots-estate-news
Chalcots local lettings plan
- The first empty homes were listed on the Home Connections website yesterday (20 December) as part of the Chalcots local lettings plan. Keep checking the website camden.homeconnections.org.uk over the coming months as more homes on the Chalcots Estate become available.
- If you are not on the housing register, you can apply at camden.gov.uk/housingapplication
- If you are already on the housing register, please update your application if you have had a change in your circumstance – for example, health issues or the number of people in your household.
- If you would like to move to a home that better suits your needs but you don’t qualify for the local lettings plan, there are other options available to you at camden.gov.uk/housingoptions
- If you have any questions about the local lettings plan or moving from your council home please call Contact Camden on 020 7974 4444 (option 7) or speak to your housing officers.
Opening hours and works over Christmas and new years
- Works on the estate will temporarily stop on Friday 21 December until Monday 7 January. During this time there will be a limited number of staff from Wates who will remain on site to carry out mandatory, weekly scaffold inspections. They will also be available to attend to any issues relating to working areas around the scaffolding and contractors’ storage.
- Your RLOs will be off site from Friday 21 December until Wednesday 2 January. In their absence you can call Contact Camden on 020 7974 4444 (option 7). Contact Camden will be closed for general enquiries on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day, operating an emergency service only on the same number.
- Your representatives at the Chalcots Works Group meeting asked that we remind you of staff hours and who to contact over Christmas. Your contact posters have all been updated on every floor with important contact information for repairs, security, the emergency locksmith, your new RLO contact and the general Contact Camden number. Please refer to these for details.
- Security hours over Christmas will remain the same and they can be contacted on the same number.
Wates RLO contact details
- In our last newsletter, we introduced two new RLOs from Wates to the Chalcots Estate.
- The new RLO for Bray and Dorney is Tracy Sainsbury. Residents can contact Tracy on 07752 065 302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The new RLO for Taplow is Dean Campbell. Residents can contact Dean on 07752 065 301 or email@example.com
- Blashford and Burnham residents should still contact Tina Connolly from Wates on 07715 617 337 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recycling and rubbish
- It's free and easy to recycle your real Christmas trees in Camden. Our Christmas tree recycling points will be open across the borough from Wednesday 2 January until Monday 14 January 2019. Please remember to remove any decorations from your tree.
- Your nearest Christmas tree recycling point is on Eaton Avenue at the junction with Lancaster Grove, visit camden.gov.uk/christmastree or call 020 3567 8105 to find out more.
- Christmas Eve – your recycling and rubbish will be collected as usual on Christmas Eve. All other collections during Christmas week will be collected two days later than usual.
- New Year’s Eve – your recycling and rubbish will be collected on New Year’s Eve but all other collections during the first week of 2019 will be a day later than usual.
Keeping everyone safe over the festive period
- Decorations can be flammable, so keep candles away from hanging decorations, curtains, blinds and Christmas trees, and don't forget to blow your candles out when you leave the house.
- Keep escape routes clear at all times for the safety of you, your family and your neighbours. Don’t leave buggies, bikes, rubbish or anything else in hallways, stairwells and communal areas.
- Remember to secure your doors and windows when you go out. If you are ever worried about unusual or antisocial behaviour call security who are available 24/7 on 07903 232 592.
Best wishes for the holiday season
The Chalcots Works Group would like to say a big thank you to the TRAs and contractors for bringing festive cheer to the estate last weekend with their successful winter event, which included music, food and even abseiling Santas.
This is the last newsletter of 2018 and we would like to thank all residents for their patience throughout this year. Your cooperation and support has been essential in helping us to improve safety on your estate for everyone. We wish you all a peaceful festive break and a happy new year. The Chalcots Works Group is held at the estate with TRA reps, councillors and council officers in attendance and is chaired by a TRA rep. They meet regularly to discuss works matters on the estate. This newsletter includes feedback from the Chalcots Works Group on Wednesday 12 December. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 9 January. The next newsletter will be Friday 11 January 2019.
You can request a copy of this newsletter in large print, audio format or in another language by calling 020 7974 5717. If you have questions about this newsletter please contact email@example.com