Friday 14 September 2018 - The latest news and updates from the Chalcots Estate
Extra support for the Chalcots Estate
- We would like to welcome Donna Peters as the Major Projects Consultation Lead for the Chalcots. Donna’s role will focus on engaging with residents to understand your views. She will be working closely with council officers and contractors to help incorporate these views into delivering our programme of works.
- Donna is keen to meet you so she will be at the next floating support session on Wednesday 19 September, 1pm to 4.30pm at Burnham TRA hall. Feel free to come along and introduce yourself.
Reporting vandalism and antisocial behaviour
- We would like to remind residents that if you see an incident of antisocial behaviour, vandalism or other security issues that concern you, to please call the onsite security team on 07903 232 592. This line is monitored 24 hours a day but if the phone is engaged leave a message and we will call you back. You can also speak to your housing officer or any member of council staff.
Reporting lift issues
- Officers have been working with the contractors responsible for the maintenance of your lifts to improve their service and ensure repairs take place quickly and correctly.
- Thank you for your patience, we will continue to work with contractors to improve the service.
- To report faults, call Contact Camden on 020 7974 4444 (option 3, followed by option 1 and select ‘Hampstead’).
Asbestos survey update
- We have started to send out completed asbestos property information (API) documents to residents.
- We are committed to completing and delivering the remaining APIs as soon as possible for those who have had an asbestos survey. Thank you for your patience if you are still waiting. Your resident liaison officer (RLO) will be in contact soon to arrange an appointment.
- We still need access to some flats. If you have not yet had an asbestos survey, please work with us to prevent any further delays to the programme of works and contact your RLO to book an appointment as soon as possible. Once you’ve had your survey please also give access to contractors to carry out the follow up works.
Take part in the temperature and humidity study
- In February, we asked you to take part in a pilot project to monitor temperature and humidity in flats at the Chalcots. Thank you to those who have signed up so far. We are always looking for new ways to improve our services and the information from this will help us to understand our residents’ needs better.
- The data from the sensors will help us to better understand the internal environment of your home and to better deal with any conditions that may give rise to condensation and mould growth.
- The home visits will be carried out by Green Doctors who currently deliver the Well and Warm service. Green Doctors are independent, impartial experts who give homes a check-up and offer energy saving advice. The sensors will be installed unobtrusively in the living room and bedroom walls using Velcro type adhesive. During the installation, they will show you how to prevent condensation and other useful energy advice.
- We are looking for more residents to take part in this pilot. If you would like to participate, please call 020 7974 6563 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org We are particularly interested in those flats more at risk of condensation or more exposed to heat loss.
The Chalcots Works Group is held at the estate with TRA reps, councillors and council officers in attendance and is chaired by a TRA rep. They meet regularly to discuss works matters on the estate. This newsletter includes feedback from the Chalcots Works Group meeting on Wednesday 5 September 2018, present at the meeting were representatives from Blashford, Taplow, Burnham, Bray and Dorney. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 19 September.