Friday 12 July 2019 – The latest news and updates from the Chalcots Estate
- Thank you to everyone who responded to our recent survey about the window panel and radiator options. Of the people who responded, 66% of you said that you would like a glazed panel rather than a solid one above your windowsill. Please note that this panel is on your main window – we will confirm soon whether your side window in the living room will have a lowered windowsill and what kind of panel it will have.
- We will now include the glazed panel in our plans for the design of your estate that we will submit to planning for approval in October.
We have been asked to clarify whether the replacement radiators will be gas or electric. We can confirm they will be gas, as your radiators are now.
Testing in empty flats
- We now have a detailed proposal on how to carry out the works to replace the curtain wall and windows while reducing disruption to you wherever we can.
- We are currently testing this method in an empty flat and we will update you on this once the tests are complete. We expect this will be finished in the next two weeks.
A reminder on current contact details
- Repairs: To report repairs including, heating, hot water or boiler repairs and all other repairs to flats and communal areas you can call 020 7974 4444, option 7, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Our emergency call out service is available 24 hours a day on the same number.
- Security: To report vandalism, antisocial behaviour and other security issues you can call onsite security on 07903 232 592, 24 hours a day seven days a week. They are based at 6 Bray and can attend immediately. You can also speak to your housing officer or any member of council staff
- Locksmith: If you’re locked out of your home or your key breaks you can contact the 24 hour locksmith on 07951 053 999. If you are locked out late at night you can ask to sit in the security office in Bray Tower while you wait.
- For anything about the works you can contact Chalcots Consultation Lead Donna Peters on 020 7974 3889 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- To get in touch for any other reason you can call Contact Camden on 020 7974 4444, option 7 or email email@example.com
Parking permit letters
- A resident recently told us that of a problem they had where their car parking permit was issued but didn’t arrive. This has now been resolved but if you’ve had a similar issue with your parking permit please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Camden Summer University
- The Camden Summer University is back from 25 July to 23 August with courses in arts, sport and life skills for 13 to 19 year olds.
- You can view and book courses online now. It’s free to enrol if you’re 13 to 19 and either live in Camden, go to a local state school, or attend a council-run youth centre.
- Visit camden.gov.uk/summeruniversity or call 020 7974 6543.
Camden summer programme 2019 – out now!
- This year’s Camden summer programme is out now with lots of fun activities and events across the borough. Visit camden.gov.uk/summer for the best free and low-cost things to do – there's something for all ages and interests – why not try the Give it a Go Festival or Sandal Sticks Theatre storytelling this weekend:
- Give it a Go Festival on Sunday 14 July, 1pm to 5pm at Parliament Hill Fields. A family friendly festival showcasing free activities to promote health and wellbeing, including tennis, volleyball, athletics, boxing, tai chi, nature walks, polo, live music and a dog show.
- Sandal Sticks Theatre storytelling on Sunday 14 July, 10.30am to 12 noon. Interactive storytelling with a creative craft activity at the Jewish Museum London, Raymond Burton House, 129-131 Albert Street NW1 7NB. Booking is essential.
Local walking trip and picnic
- Join North Camden Zone for a walk to Regent's Park to visit the Rose Garden and Triton Fountain before walking to Primrose Hill for a picnic, music and children’s activities on Saturday 20 July, 11.30am to 3.30pm.
- Please bring your own picnic, water bottle and comfortable walking shoes. Be prepared for sunshine or rain on the day. The North Camden Zone team will provide the picnic blankets, music and children's activities.
- Free to all Chalcots residents. No need to sign up, just turn up on the day – meet at 11.30am at the Burnham playground on the Adelaide Road side.
- For any questions or more information please email email@example.com or call 020 7586 8731.
Don’t forget, Chalcots residents can swim for free at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre on Saturdays between 10am and 5pm, and Sundays between 10am and 3pm. Please bring a proof of address.
The Chalcots Works Group is held at the estate with TRA reps, councillors and council officers in attendance and is chaired by a TRA rep. They meet regularly to discuss works matters on the estate. This newsletter includes feedback from the Chalcots Works Group on Wednesday 10 July. The next meeting is expected to be held on Wednesday 24 July.
You can request a copy of this newsletter in large print, audio format or in another language by calling 020 7974 5717.
If you have questions about this newsletter please contact firstname.lastname@example.org