Free early childcare in Camden
Early Education and Childcare providers across Camden are delivering free places for eligible two year olds. This includes children’s centres, childminders and private and voluntary sector providers.
Your child is eligible if you live in Camden and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- your family meets the criteria for free school meals
- your family receives working tax credits and your household income is less than £16,190
- your child is looked after by the local authority
- they have left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order
- they have a current statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- they receive the disability living allowance.
Under the scheme free places re available for up to 15 hours per week (up to 570 hours per year).
Providing all children and families with the best start in life is a priority for the Council as a whole, with recent studies showing the positive impacts that early education has on the development of children.
To find out more about the programme or whether your child is eligible for free early education and early year’s places visit our help with the cost of childcare web pageshttp://www.camden.gov.uk/ccm/content/education/pre-school/help-with-childcare-costs.en