Fire safety works on the Chalcots Estate - Latest Update 7 July 2017 4pm
Since Wednesday 5 July 2017 workmen have been on site working throughout the night and have already completed a number of remedial works:
- Central Stairway doors have been completed throughout Bray and Burnham blocks.
- Works have begun in Burnham block to upgrade or replace flat entrance doors from the ground floor up to floor 6.
- Communal lobby works have been completed on various floors across all blocks.
- Works have started in Bray block to upgrade or replace flat entrance doors on the ground floor.
- Works to upgrade or replace flat entrance doors will begin in Dorney on Saturday 8 July and in Taplow from Monday 10 July.
You can read the detailed works programme here and our summary of works is below. This was last updated at 3.30pm on Friday 7 July 2017.
We would like to thank residents for their continued support and in particular those that have so far helped us to gain access to their flats to make the necessary upgrades or changes to their front doors.
Our aim is to start moving residents back into their homes from Wednesday 12 July on a phased basis and we are working towards an overall completion date of Monday 24 July 2017. Once this work had been done we will be able to bring in our independent building control experts to inspect the works. Once we are happy that the highest level of fire safety standards have been met we will, in consultation with the fire brigade, agree to reopen the buildings floor by floor. However, we will only ask residents to return to the blocks if we are certain that they are safe.
Camden staff will be on site throughout the weekend at the Chalcots blocks between 8am and 10pm and at the Taplow TRA Hall overnight between 10pm and 8am.
Residents can also access a dedicated Chalcots residents’ line via Contact Camden at 020 7974 4444, option 7 (24 hours a day).