Do you want to buy a home?
Council tenants may be eligible for a grant to help them buy a new home to move into.
Do you live in a two bedroom or larger council property? Grants of up to £30,000 are now available for tenants who want to buy a property that is not owned by the Council.
The money has been provided by central government, and we have 20 grants to give out. This is a time limited offer, so if you would like to be considered please fill out the application form as soon as possible to register your interest.
Am I eligible?
Grants will be awarded on a first come first served basis, to tenants who fulfil the following criteria:
- eligible for right to buy – you are a secure council tenant who has held a public sector tenancy for at least three years
- you are looking to buy a home that does not belong to the Council
- you live in a council home with two or more bedrooms
- you have at least £4,000 in savings (and have proof of this)
- You have a mortgage certificate showing that a recognised mortgage lender has certified you would be likely to be able to get a mortgage (a mortgage in principle agreement).
You can’t use the grant to buy a council or housing association home, but as long as your new home doesn’t fall into these categories it can be anywhere in the UK.
Find out more
Or contact the mobility team on 0207 974 1237.