Come to our Select Committee preparation session
We are holding a Select Committee preparation session to support Camden residents, community groups, businesses and other local organisations who have petitioned against the High Speed 2 (HS2) Bill in the House of Lords.
The preparation session will be held on:
- Monday 22 August 2016 from 6.30 to 8.30pm at the Surma Centre, 1 Robert Street, NW1 3JU
The structure of the session will be as follows:
6.30 to 7.15pm: Talks about preparing for Select Committee:
- Update from Camden Council on our approach to Select Committee including the delivery of Assurances and negotiations with HS2 Ltd.
- Parliamentary Agent Sharpe Pritchard: What to expect at Select Committee and how to prepare for your appearance.
7.15 to 8pm: A chance to put your questions to the speakers.
8 to 8.30pm: A chance for you to meet other petitioners and to get into groups ahead of Select Committee if you wish. The Chair of the Select Committee has suggested petitioners group together for their presentations if they share similar issues.
This session is in anticipation of Camden’s expected appearances in September. The Select Committee will contact individual petitioners directly to discuss the timing of their appearance. When the programme is confirmed it will be published by the Committee on the Select Committee website.
- For more information on petitioning, visit our HS2 pages. We will publish presentations from the session on our website following the meeting.
- Read the Select Committee’s recent statement giving guidance to petitioners on the Parliament website.
- Watch the ‘what to expect as a witness at Select Committee’ video on the Parliament website.
- Camden Council continues to oppose plans for HS2 as currently proposed. If the government does go ahead with the scheme, we are committed to securing the best deal for our communities. Read the Council’s final petition against the HS2 Bill to the House of Lords on our website.