Come to our meeting about Government housing changes
Come and discuss how we should respond to the Government’s proposed housing changes. We believe they will impact council tenants, private renters and people trying to get onto the property ladder.
The event will include a panel discussion, including colleagues from the London School of Economics and Generation Rent. There will be opportunities to respond to consultations and find out about the Government’s proposals within the bill, which include:
- new council tenancies being limited to 2 to 5 years
- allowing housing association tenants to buy their homes
- increasing rents for existing council tenants who have a total household income over £40,000
- changes that could see the council having to sell off some of our housing stock
- the introduction of a new type of housing for first time buyers aged under 40 known as ‘starter homes’. The maximum cost of these homes in Camden will be £450,000, and they could replace other types of affordable housing in any new development.
Have your say
Thursday 11 February at 6.30pm, Council Chamber, Town Hall, Judd Street, WC1H 9JE
Find out more