Christmas and New Year Opening Times 2020
Our customer services team, Contact Camden, will be closed for general enquiries on these days:
- Christmas Day, Friday 25 December
- Boxing Day, Saturday 26 December
- Sunday 27 December
- Boxing Day Bank Holiday, Monday 28 December
- New Year’s Day, Friday 1 January
Essential services will continue as usual over Christmas and New Year. In an emergency, please call 020 7974 4444 (24 hours a day).
If you need support over the festive period with concerns relating to COVID-19, we’re here for you. Please call us on 020 7974 4444 (option 9).
Face-to-face services at 5 Pancras Square
Our face-to-face services at 5 Pancras Square will be operating on the following timetable:
- 21-24 December: 10am – 4pm
- 25-28 December: Closed to the public – emergency phone service only
- 29-31 December: 10am – 4pm
- 1 January: Closed to the public – emergency phone service only
- 2 January: 10am – 4pm
You can use your Camden Account at any time to manage key services in one place with one log in. With your Camden Account you can:
- Request a service or report a problem at any time
- Buy and renew parking permits
- Pay bills
- Apply for housing benefit
- Book housing repairs
- View your council tax bill and pay online
- Report a missed bin collection
Go to contact.camden.gov.uk to log in.
For information about parking enforcement over Christmas and the new year, please visit our parking and enforcement pages.
Sports and leisure Centres
- In line with government instruction for areas in Tier 4, the majority of our indoor leisure services are temporarily closed until further notice.
- Some outdoor activities (including outdoor swimming) remain available at Oasis Sports Centre.
All libraries except for Highgate, Camden Town and Holborn:
- Wednesday 23 December - libraries open 11am-3.30pm
- Thursday 24 December to Monday 28 December – all libraries closed
- Tuesday 29 December – libraries open 11am-3.30pm
- Wednesday 30 December - libraries open 11am-3.30pm
- Thursday 31 December - libraries open 11am-3.30pm
- Friday 1 January - all libraries closed
- Saturday 2 January – libraries open 11am-3.30pm
Kentish Town library
- The library will be closed on Monday 21 December. It will reopen on Tuesday 22 December.
- Wednesday 23 December - Highgate Library closes at 3.30pm
- Thursday 24 December to Monday 4 January - Highgate Library closed
- Tuesday 5 January – Highgate Library reopens at 11am
Camden Town Library
- Camden Town Library is closed until further notice, because it is now being used as a test centre for lateral flow tests
- Holborn library is closed at the moment, it should be reopening on Tuesday 29th December
Don’t forget, when our libraries are closed you can do the following online:
- view your library account
- renew your items
- reserve a title
- browse reference information
- borrow an e-book or e-audiobook
- download an e-newspaper or e-magazine
To do this, visit our Digital Library.
Recycling and rubbish collection day changes
Over the holiday period your recycling and rubbish may be collected on different days. If your recycling or rubbish collection day is normally Friday, your 25 December collection will be on Sunday 27 December and 1 January collection on Saturday 2 January. All other collection days remain the same.
Be prepared and order your free extra recycling bags for the festive season at camden.gov.uk/order-bins or by calling 020 3567 8105.
All our parks will be open as usual throughout the festive period.