Christmas and New Year opening times 2022
Face-to-face services at 5 Pancras Square
Our face-to-face services at 5 Pancras Square will be operating on the following timetable:
- 19 - 23 December: 10am - 4pm
- 26 and 27 December: Closed to the public – emergency phone service only
- 28 - 30 December: 10am - 4pm
- 2 January: Closed to the public – emergency phone service only
Our customer services team, Contact Camden, will be closed for general enquiries on the following days:
- Saturday, 24 December
- Sunday, 25 December (Christmas Day)
- Monday, 26 December (Boxing Day)
- Tuesday, 27 December (Bank Holiday in lieu of Christmas Day)
- Saturday, 31 December
- Sunday, 1 January (New Year’s Day)
- Monday, 2 January (Bank Holiday in lieu of New Year’s Day).
Essential services will continue as usual over Christmas and New Year. In an emergency, please call 020 7974 4444 (24 hours a day).
You can also use your Camden Account to manage key services in one place with one log in. With your Camden Account you can:
- Request a service or report a problem at any time
- Buy and renew parking permits
- Pay bills
- Apply for housing benefit
- Book housing repairs
- View your council tax bill and pay online
- Report a missed bin collection
Go to contact.camden.gov.uk to log in. Please note that the Camden Account will be unavailable from 7am to 10am on Monday 2 January due to essential maintenance.
For information about parking enforcement over Christmas and the new year, please visit our parking and enforcement pages.
Sports and Leisure Centres
Holiday opening hours for Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre, Pancras Square Leisure Centre, Oasis Sports Centre, Kentish Town Sports Centre and Talacre Community Sports Centre can be found on our dedicated webpage.
For more information, go to the Camden Better Leisure website.
Check our libraries webpage for updates on holiday closures and reduced opening hours over Christmas and New Year.
Don’t forget, when our libraries are closed you can still do the following online:
- view your library account
- renew your items
- reserve a title
- browse reference information
- borrow an e-book or e-audiobook
- download an e-newspaper or e-magazine
To do this, visit our Digital Library.
For further information visit camden.gov.uk/libraries or call 020 7974 4444.
Recycling and rubbish collection
We’ll be collecting recycling and rubbish on different days over the festive period. Collections return to their normal schedule from Monday 2 January.
|Usual collection day||Festive period collection day|
|Monday 26 December||Tuesday 27 December|
|Tuesday 27 December||Wednesday 28 December|
|Wednesday 28 December||Thursday 29 December|
|Thursday 29 December||Friday 30 December|
|Friday 30 December||Saturday 31 December|
You can order your free extra recycling bags for the festive season at camden.gov.uk/order-bins or by calling 020 3567 8105.