Changes to public toilets in Camden
We need to reduce the money we spend on public toilets by £260,000 a year.
To make this reduction we are proposing to:
- close three toilets, in Pond Square, South End Green and West End Lane
- work with local businesses and community organisations to develop community toilet schemes in these three areas
- work with a new provider to have pay to use toilets, at Camden Town and Lincoln’s Inn Fields
We are inviting ideas which the Council can explore if it would avoid toilet closures.
We are keen to hear from business or community groups interested in being part of the community toilet scheme or taking on the running of a site currently marked for closure.
You can give your views until Sunday 28 February 2016.
Come along to one of our public meetings:
- 6 to 8pm on Wednesday 27 January 2016 at West Hampstead Library, Dennington Park Road, NW6 1AU about the West End Lane toilets
- 6 to 8pm on Tuesday 9 February 2016 at the Roy Shaw Centre, Cressy Road, NW3 2ND about the South End Green toilets
- 6 to 8pm on Thursday 11 February 2016 at the Highgate Society, 10A South Grove, N6 6BS about the Pond Square toilets
- 2 to 4pm on Wednesday 24 February at the Council Chamber, Camden Town Hall, Judd Street, WC1H 9JE in conjunction with Ageing Better Camden/Age UK Camden
These meetings will include discussions in small groups on our proposals and your ideas for alternative approaches to achieve a £260,000 saving in this area.