Camden apprentices celebrated at awards ceremony
On Friday 10 February, Camden Council hosted an awards ceremony to celebrate the work and achievements of the borough’s apprentices.
The Camden Apprenticeship Awards 2023, which took place at Samsung Kings Cross, recognised the work of apprentices working in the Council and organisations in Camden, as well as the training providers and staff supporting them.
‘Apprentice of the Year’, which was the top award of the night, went to Stephanie Lyon, Business Support Apprentice, who was recognised for her exceptional work to support Camden’s children’s services.
Other award categories included ‘Most Improved’, ‘Best Team Player’, ‘Best Progression’ and ‘Supervisors of the Year’ to recognise local employers who support apprentices in Camden.
This event celebrated the great achievements of our apprentices, whilst also recognising managers and training providers who work incredibly hard to make apprenticeships such a success in Camden – a huge congratulations to all the winners.
Apprenticeships are a fantastic way to help local people get the training needed to secure good employment. Last year we delivered 166 apprenticeships and over 150 work experience opportunities for Camden residents and we are committed to increasing this programme to ensure more opportunities and training programmes are available for even more residents.
Winning this award made me feel like my work had been recognised and appreciated. I felt extremely proud of myself as an employee and also a resident of Camden. I really didn’t expect to win anything as there were so many great candidates but I am utterly grateful to the people who nominated me and for everyone I have worked with and learnt from along the way.
I’m glad I took the chance with the apprenticeship as it has already opened so many doors for me and I’m looking forward to continuing my career as a Camden Council employee.
Full list of winners:
- Winner of Most Improved Apprentice – Jessica McCrann, Prevention and Wellbeing Project Support Officer Apprentice at Camden Council
- Winner of Best Team Player – Atike Mohammed, Accounts Payable Apprentice at the Francis Crick Institute
- Winner of Best Progression by an Apprentice – Aliandra Nunes, Early Years Apprentice at PACE Preschool
- Winner of Supervisors of the Year (internal) – Juleka Khatun, Employment Project Officer at Camden Council
- Winner of Supervisors of the Year (external) – Amanda Oba, Early Years Lead Practitioner at PACE for All
To find out more about Camden apprenticeships and to see what opportunities are available, head to camden.gov.uk/apprenticeships or contact the Apprenticeships team by emailing email@example.com.