Big changes for our outdoor gyms
Our outdoor gyms have been very popular with Camden residents since they were first installed in 2009. Outdoor gyms provide an opportunity to get the health benefits of gyms, for free and in the fresh air.
Now we plan to upgrade six of them – as the equipment has come to the end of its usable life – with exciting new equipment that has a range of settings to suit more users, including equipment adapted for people with a range of disabilities.
The following outdoor gyms will be closed while we get new equipment installed on the following dates:
- Maygrove Peace Park closed 27 June to 21 July
- Cantelowes Gardens closed 27 June to 21 July
- Kilburn Grange closed 27 June to 22 July
- Cumberland Market closed 1 to 22 July
- Lismore Circus closed 6 June to 22 July
- Swiss Cottage Open Space: 8 June to 22 July.
The following outdoor gyms will remain open:
- Alf Barrett outdoor gym in Old Gloucester Street, as the equipment there is newer so it’s not being replaced
- Polygon Road Open Space outdoor gym, as it is not being renewed as part of this project
- Argyle Square outdoor gym, as we will be assessing it later this year.