BBQ in Camden parks this summer
Next week (25 to 31 May) is National BBQ Week and we are encouraging you to enjoy a barbeque (BBQ) in one of our parks.
Last year we welcomed BBQs in our parks as a one year trial to see whether people could enjoy an al fresco meal without disturbing residents close by or the environment.
We are pleased the trial was a success and once again we will invite friends and families to share a BBQ in one of our fantastic parks that are enjoyed by thousands throughout the year.
To ensure this summer is an equal success we are asking you to ensure you BBQ safely and responsibly. Here’s a reminder of our guidelines:
Be safety conscious
- Take some water to put out the BBQ and make sure it’s cool before you try to move it.
- Place your BBQ on level ground well away from houses, trees, shrubs, park furniture and other park users.
- Empty the cooled charcoal and ash in the BBQ charcoal bins/bucket provided.
- Keep children, pets, games and sports well away from the cooking area.
- Never leave the BBQ unattended.
- Be considerate to other park users, ensuring your BBQ does not affect others.
- Please don’t play amplified music.
- Dispose of all litter properly and recycle your rubbish where possible.
- If you intend to hold an event with more than 20 people, with promotion, music, sale of food or alcohol please refer to camden.gov.uk/events.
For safety reasons, we will only be allowing portable, reusable charcoal BBQs. Disposable or gas BBQs will not be allowed. Full BBQ guidance and bins for cooled charcoal are provided in our parks and open spaces where BBQs proved popular last year.
Find out more at camden.gov.uk/parks