The latest news and updates from the Chalcots Estate – w/c 23 October 2017
Cladding removal and replacement
- Chalcots community drop-in event, Tuesday 31 October, 10am to 8pm, Swiss Cottage Library.
This week we sent you an invitation to our drop-in event at Swiss Cottage Library. As well as information about replacement cladding options, there will be areas where you can discuss resident safety, resident priorities, recycling, housing and general works. The London Fire Brigade will also be at the event, along with representatives from MIND and WISH Plus.
To ensure parents are able to attend the event, we’re putting on a number of activities to keep children entertained throughout the day.
Stay and play 10am to 1pm
Facepainting 11am to 7pm
Smoothie bike 2pm to 8pm
Sports sessions 4pm to 7pm
Manga drawing workshop 4pm to 8pm
Steel band playing 5pm to 8pm
Free swimming vouchers and refreshments will also be available for those who attend.
- If you are unable to attend the event, you will be able to collect copies of leaflets containing key information from your TRA. You will then be able to feedback to us about the cladding options via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have had reports of door closers in communal areas being vandalised, this puts you and your neighbours at risk. Please report any damage to your Resident Liaison Officer or our dedicated Chalcots residents’ line so that we can organise repairs. You can find contact details for your Resident Liaison Officer and the Chalcots line below:
Taplow and Bray – Hayley Townsend – 07702 970354
Burnham and Blashford – Angela Carr – 07590 170332
Dorney – Sue Speller – 07939 158509
Dedicated Chalcots line – 020 7974 4444 (option 7)
- We are pleased to announce that Keith Scott, our new Director of Resident Safety has started this week. Come along and meet him at our cladding replacement event on Tuesday 31 October. Keith will be working side by side with residents to ensure a safer Camden.
- Last week, you will have received a letter from the Leader of the Council regarding our independent review into the evacuation of the Chalcots Estate. If you would like provide feedback to us about the areas for consideration in our independent review, please email your suggestions to email@example.com by Friday 17 November.
- A number of residents have asked about the installation of sprinklers in their blocks. We are willing to explore the issue and are currently waiting for further advice from national government.
- We have been asked by the TRAs to highlight to residents that the arrangements for bin access remain the same throughout the closure of the underground carparks. You will be able to access your bin area safely whilst the works are underway.