London Fire Brigade strike action
The Fire Brigade Union (FBU) has called for further strike action on Wednesday 25 and Thursday 26 February.
The strike will run for 24 hours – starting at 7am on Wednesday 25 February until 7am on Thursday 26 February 2015.
During the strike firefighters will attend:
- Serious fires – like those in Londoners’ homes – confirmed by a 999 call
- Fires that involve gas cylinders or hazardous substances
- Vehicle fires or boat fires
- Fires at railway stations and rail and road tunnels or fires involving people in underground tunnels
- Aircraft or train crashes
- Road traffic collisions
- Collapsed structures
During the strike firefighters may not be able to attend:
- Grass fires and other outdoor fires such as trees, hedges or undergrowth alight
- Rubbish fires (including fires in bins and skips) and fires on open ground
- Animal rescues (these will be referred to the RSPCA)
- People shut in lifts (owners of buildings are responsible for ensuring arrangements are in place to release people from faulty lifts)
- Automatic fire alarms – a fire engine will only be sent when the fire has been confirmed by a 999 call.
Further information can be found on the London Fire Brigade website.