Friday 8 February 2019 – The latest news and updates from the Chalcots Estate
Closing communal doors
- It was raised in a recent Chalcots Works Group meeting that communal entrance doors on the blocks are being propped open. For everyone’s security, please remember to close the communal front door after you when you come in or leave the building.
- If you have any concerns or notice any faults with your communal doors, please contact security to assess immediately as well as reporting it to repairs as soon as possible on 020 7974 4444, option 7 for Chalcots then option 2.
Update on CCTV repairs
- In the last newsletter we told you we were working with Camden security staff to look into a small number of CCTV repair issues and we have recently worked with CCTV professionals to carry out a full site survey of Chalcots Estate.
- Following the survey, two lift cameras with reported issues have been repaired. As of this week we only have five cameras awaiting repairs out of a total of 46 cameras across the estate. There is a plan in place to repair these as soon as possible.
Outstanding fire stopping checks
- To meet current fire safety regulations, we have been reviewing the fire-stopping works carried out so far. This involves checking compartmentation work inside your flat to ensure there are no breaches into the common areas or ducts. To be able to do this, we will need access to your homes.
- Thank you to residents who have allowed access. It is important that all flats are checked so please book an appointment by contacting your RLO or Mike Bennett on 020 7974 1948 or email@example.com or Donna Peters on 020 7974 3889 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If there have been changes or cancellations to your appointments that you are concerned about please contact Donna Peters.
Camden gas meters
- Camden supplies gas to Bray, Burnham, Dorney and Taplow residents for your heating, hot water and cooking facilities. We are the only gas supplier to these blocks and we do not have any arrangements with other utilities companies.
- All gas meters for tenants’ and leaseholders’ properties are supplied by Camden which means they can only be replaced by our repairs team. You should not remove or replace your gas meter or allow any other company to remove it. If you do, we cannot correctly charge you for your gas usage.
- To make sure you are billed accurately for your gas, there is a transmitter device connected to your gas meter. This device extracts your meter reads, so it is important that it is always connected to your meter. If your gas meter is disconnected please call 020 7974 6563 to arrange an appointment with our engineer.
Managing damp during the cold weather
- It was mentioned in a recent Chalcots Works Group meeting that there have been issues with mould and damp in some residents’ homes. We have been working with residents and the repairs team to clear the damp and carry out preventative measures.
- If you develop mould and damp in your home, please call 020 7974 4444, option 7 for Chalcots then option 1 for repairs on the Chalcots Estate. You can also contact Green Camden who offer free advice on managing damp and mould. Call 0800 801 738 or visit camden.gov.uk/green for more information.
The Chalcots Works Group is held at the estate with TRA reps, councillors and council officers in attendance and is chaired by a TRA rep. They meet regularly to discuss works matters on the estate. This newsletter includes feedback from the Chalcots Works Group on Wednesday 30 January. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 13 February. You can request a copy of this newsletter in large print, audio format or in another language by calling 020 7974 5717. If you have questions about this newsletter please contact email@example.com