Camden Summer University is back – course bookings open 18 June
Young people can choose from more than 70 free courses in arts, sport and life skills at top local venues, as Camden Summer University returns. Course bookings go live from Monday 18 June.
You can enrol if you're aged 13 to 19 and either live in Camden, go to a local state school or attend a council-run youth centre.
Camden Summer University, which runs from 26 July to 24 August, means you can stay safe, have fun, learn something new, make new friends and gain accreditations to put on your CV for work, an apprenticeship or university.
Camden Deputy Youth MP Asma Maloumi, 14, said: “I had the opportunity to take part in Camden Summer University’s wide range of activities last year. It’s a refreshing way to learn life skills and try out new hobbies. If you think you might spend the summer holiday indoors, Camden Summer University is seriously the choice for you.”
There are more than 70 courses on offer, hosted by some of London’s biggest names.
- Get inspired by jewellery at the British Museum and make your own catwalk-worthy creations
- Draw and paint at Central Saint Martins college of art
- Study acting and drama with the Royal Academy Of Dramatic Art or the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
- Combine your art and storytelling skills to design a graphic novel
- Learn to how fix motorbikes and spend a day off-road riding at a motocross track
- Take part in a real business challenge focused on fashion with world-famous lifestyle brand Ted Baker
- Or sign up for film-making, animation, pottery, photography, journalism, fashion, scriptwriting, music, game design, cookery, basketball, canoeing, parkour and much more.
Camden Summer University offers a brilliant opportunity for young people across the borough to stay safe, have fun and improve their life chances by being creative and developing interests that could become lifelong passions or even careers.
It is also a chance to make new friends, volunteer to support others on the courses and to be part of a free and well-organised programme of activities, which also includes courses on vital life skills, such as personal safety, self-defence and being ‘street smart’ for both young women and men. Thank you to all the amazing venues, tutors, our youth workers and young volunteers who help make it all possible.
Find out more:
- Visit the website now to view courses (booking from 18 June), or
- Call 020 7619 3903
- Popular courses fill up fast so don't miss out
- Camden Summer University is brought to you by the council's youth service in partnership with local venues and organisations